We’re looking for a Senior Research Executive to join our growing team of talented researchers, delivering high-quality insight to organisations such as Heathrow Airport, TSB, Pukka Herbs, Citizens Advice and Defra.
We are Blue Marble, an independent social and market research agency. We’re a small team with big clients – we deliver major studies across the public, private and third sectors. If you join us, you could spend your working days:
- Conducting ethnographic research to explore the lived experiences of financially vulnerable consumers, on behalf of a high street bank
- Using advanced statistical techniques to understand the mindset and behaviours of tea drinkers in Europe and North America
- Delivering presentations to senior decision-makers at blue-chip companies and Government departments, helping them to shape their future strategy.
We’re a team of experienced researchers who use qualitative and quantitative techniques to help our clients successfully navigate complex challenges. Our clients value us for the strategic insight that we deliver – whether on major policy issues, brand strategy or new product development.
We place a premium on work-life balance. We’re based in a beautiful converted barn a few miles south of Bristol and Bath (although are currently working from home), work flexibly and pride ourselves on our warm, friendly office environment.
We’re growing, and are therefore looking for a Senior Research Executive to join our team.
You’ll play a key role at the heart of our exceptional team. You’ll work with a variety of clients and help to deliver research studies across a range of methodologies. Responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior team members to design quantitative and qualitative studies
- Overseeing primary research – largely in the UK, and occasionally overseas
- Delivering clear, coherent and accurate analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Creating visually engaging reports and presentations
- Training in all aspects of the market research process – including (but not limited to) research design, focus group moderation and advanced statistical analysis
- Sponsorship to study for the MRS Advanced Certificate in Market & Social Research Practice (an industry-recognised qualification)
- Clearly defined path of progression
- Once the Covid-19 pandemic has passed, frequent opportunities to travel for research – primarily within the UK, but also overseas depending on project commitments. At the moment we are all working from home, and conducting primary research remotely using online methods.
We’re looking for someone who is bright and curious, with strong communication skills. You should:
- Have a good degree
- Have 2-3 years’ experience in a market / social research agency
- Have experience of using qualitative and quantitative research methods – including experience of moderating depth interviews and focus groups, and running large-scale surveys
- Have experience of managing the full research cycle – including questionnaire / discussion guide design, budget and timescale management, managing qualitative and quantitative fieldwork, analysis, report writing and presentation to clients
- Have strong organisational and analytical skills
- Be intellectually curious, articulate and creative
- Be a team player
- Like the idea of working for an agency that punches above its weight
Given the ongoing pandemic, we are all currently working from home and envisage that you would work from home for the first 6 months of the new job. After 6 months, we envisage reviewing the arrangement (on both sides) and anticipate that you would spend time working in our South West office on a regular basis, depending on any Covid-related restrictions.
Negotiable and dependent on experience.
By 5pm on Friday 22nd January, please send your CV to [email protected], together with a covering letter which outlines why you would like to work for Blue Marble and what you would bring to the role. The covering letter should be max. 1 side of A4.